In line with our objective, Advantage brand has introduced an innovative product BONE GRAFT HARVESTER (BGH) Instrument Set.
The major advantages BGH offers are listed below.
- BGH uses resected femoral head to extract bone graft, during cemented THR or cemented bipolar implant surgery. It can also be used to take bone graft in the form of 6mm slice.
- In complicated THR surgeries like Protrusio hip or dysplastic hip, a BGH can be used to cut femoral head in the slices of approximately 6 mm thickness, which would be used for impaction bone grafting.
- The use of Cement Restrictor, (which is made up of polyethylene) is thus avoided. The postoperative osteolysis, chances of foreign body infections as well as the cost of using a cement restrictor is reduced.
- Apart from extracting autologous bone graft, as a cement restrictor, BGH can be used for shaping and sizing any bone graft as per surgeon’s requirement, in other surgeries also.
Bone Graft Harvester Instrument Set Comprises of:
- The Vice with ‘V-block type jaws’ to hold the femoral head/bone graft and slots for cutting the bone slices of 6 mm thickness – 1 No.
- Pusher rod cum trial with distance markings, (from 10cm to 17 cm) – 1 No. with graft pushing end 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm and 16mm -one each.
- Trephines – Round hole cutting blades –with ID of 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm and 16mm -One each
- Pusher Rod Holder- 1No.
- Wedge of 5 mm thickness, to extract the graft from the trephine – 1No.
- Instrument Box – 1 No.